Skip to main content

Fans Helped Me Overcome Pains Of My Son’s Death –d’banj

There is no doubt that pop star, Dapo Oyebanjo, aka D’banj, is one of the most energetic Nigerian performers of his generation.



The singer is known to induce euphoria in people who attend his shows with the stunts he pulls on stage.



However, the Mobolowowon singer lost his only son some months ago and many felt it would affect his mojo. He seemed to go off the grid immediately after the tragedy and some even feared that the singer might not be able to put in his usual zeal into his music career.



However, the singer has bounced back from the unfortunate incident though he was badly hurt. He performed at most of the events that took place during the Yuletide and it was vintage D’banj.



At the end-of-year party of a real estate company, D’banj gave such a spectacular performance that fans didn’t want him to leave the stage. During his performance, the singer also revealed how he was able to get through the death of his son.



He said,



“I have been through tough times but I believe that’s what makes one a man. You all know what happened to me recently when I lost my son; it was really a tough time for me. But do you know how I was able to get through it? It was because of you, my fans. You showed me so much love and it really meant a lot to me and my family. It is when certain things happen to you that you will know whether you are a man or not. That incident was a test for me and I am glad that I’m still standing.”



Speaking on what he has for the coming year, D’banj said,



“You just have to keep your fingers crossed because I have a lot of things in stock for you. I am back, bigger and better. Some people thought my career will go down but I’m still here shining. The fans still loves me and that’s what counts. I am very glad that I have very loyal fans who have been with me from the start. I don’t take that for granted because not every artiste has that privilege.”



Lending words of advice to the people at the event, Oyebanjo said,



“You should never be discouraged from following your dreams. When I started my career, so many people said I wouldn’t make it. They thought I wouldn’t go far and they ridiculed me because I was playing the harmonica but look who is standing here now.”



source : 



https://www.made4naija.com/2018/12/fans-helped-me-overcome-pains-of-my-sons-death-dbanj/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Missing person

 400 level student of Education-Physics in the Faculty of Education at Imo State University, has been declared missing. The missing person identified as Akanno Justice Nzubechukwu is aged 22. Reports have it that Nzubechukwu was last spotted around Control Junction, Assumpta Cathedral Owerri during the ember month of 2018 by persons who were unaware of his disappearance.  According to his family, no one has seen or heard from him since then. Anyone with relevant information as to his whereabouts is implored to contact his family via these numbers: 08068155588, 08035127761 and 08131608910.
Interested in buying a car? Drop a message on the comment box

Detectives may have found more “suspicious” funds in Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Walter Onnoghen’s accounts

Detectives may have found more “suspicious” funds in Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Walter Onnoghen’s accounts, The Nation has learnt. There are also “suspicious” transactions, including an $800,000 Standard Chartered Bank investment subscription, sources said. Also found is $630,000 lodged in some of the accounts through what is described as “structured payments” in tranches of $10,000 each. Most of the lodgments, effected between 2012 and 2016, were undeclared in Justice Onnoghen’s assets declaration form, the sources claimed, pleading not to be named because of the “sensitivity” of the investigation. The Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU) has restricted the operation of five accounts with about $3million The accounts in the Standard Chartered Bank are USD No. 870001062650; Euro account No. 93001062686; Pound Sterling A/CNo. 285001062679; e-Saver Savings (Naira) account No. 5001062693; and a Naira A/C No. 0001062667. Detectives believe that most of the lodgments and tra...